Midori Inspired Traveler's Notebook: DIY

Midori Traveler's notebook is popular among planner and leather craft addicts (pictures are from Pinterest). Some people don't just use it for it's primary purpose which is to document one's travel experience, they use it as a planner too!





Aside from the simplicity of the notebook itself, the Midori system is also very useful, basic but useful - very Japanese. You can check the site on how the system works.

Upon buying, you'll get the leather cover, 3 notebooks and 2 elastics. This retails for around 1700php. For a leather product, this is already ok. However, I just can't spend on another notebook. I have several unused notebooks at home. So, I figured I just need to create one for myself. Just to beat the bug and not be forced to buy one.

Below is how I made my own Midori inspired traveler's notebook a.k.a as Fauxdori:

Materials:
Leather
colored paper
printed craft paper
elastics

First off, cut your leather



Add holes on the side for the main elastic



Now make your own notebook inserts using colored papers as the main pad and printed craft paper as notebook cover




Cut the elastics (got these from National bookstore)


Compile the notebooks in the leather cover following the midori system or you can design your own system! 



Usually people who own this notebook, put a notebook charm just to personalize it more - so I did too 


There you go, my very own fauxdori! Can't wait to use this for my future travels!














Jolana  – (August 7, 2014 at 1:20 PM)  

Wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing it :) Jolana

Unknown  – (August 10, 2014 at 9:28 AM)  

You are welcome Jolana! I will have a few Fauxdori posts soon! Please visit my blog again :D

Kirby Torres  – (November 4, 2014 at 1:03 PM)  

Great tutorial, I do have two questions:
1. Where did you purchase a MTN for 1700php and
2. Where did you get that leather for your project

Debi @ Tuesdays Child  – (March 13, 2015 at 12:51 AM)  

Brilliant tutorial - thank you so much! I just heard [read] of the Midori last night but just "have" to have one and thank you so much for your help with this Can't wait to try it! : )

Unknown  – (October 13, 2015 at 10:44 AM)  

I'd love to hear what other things you will use your Midori for.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP